Does the Solid Mount Shifter work on a BMW 2002?
Does it work?
Yes, but with slight modifications.
Why or why not?
- The BMW 2002 transmission tunnel hole will need to be slightly enlarged or slotted so the bolts that secure the solid mount shifter can pass through.
- The solid mount shifter rod hangs lower than the stock shifter and hits the driveshaft so the threaded bottom must be carefully shortened so the rod does not make contact
- The shifter will also require a custom sized DSSR and e30 style shift selector joint since the stock shifter selector rod and joint on the 2002 is not compatible with the chassis mount shifter.
- E30 Style Selector Joint - https://www.garagistic.com/products/shift-selector-joint-25117503525-bmw-dssr
- DSSR - We currently do not make a DSSR in this size at the moment so you must measure the length from the selector joint to the shifter rod - https://www.garagistic.com/products/custom-bmw-dssr-e30-e36-e46
DISCLAIMER - MODIFY PART AT YOUR OWN RISK
More information can be found in the links below
Solid Mount Shifter Overview